Types of Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
The money awarded in a personal injury claim is known as damages. Our attorneys can calculate the full amount of damages you have sustained after reviewing your claim.
Some of the most common types of damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
These damages are meant to make accident victims whole again and restore their health and finances as close as possible to the same condition they were in before the accident.
Our Firm in the Paintsville Community
Our Paintsville office is located in Kentucky, but we also serve accident victims in West Virginia as well. No matter where our attorneys from this office go, they take Kentucky Courage with them.
This courage allows us to stand up to insurance companies and hold at-fault parties accountable. We also know it takes courage to bring a lawsuit against someone, which is why we support our clients and make the process as easy as possible for them. We are committed to our community and are always there when our clients need us.
Help with Car Accident Claims in Paintsville
Some people involved in car accidents think they can handle a claim on their own. But they shouldn’t.
Car accident cases quickly become complex and, if not handled properly, accident victims may not receive any compensation at all. An attorney can give you the best chance of success with your claim.
Our attorneys will do this by:
- Dealing with the insurance company to protect your rights
- Investigating and collecting the necessary evidence to prove liability
- Gathering your medical records and bills to substantiate your claim
- Coordinating with your healthcare providers to obtain missing records and reports
- Working with doctors to help prove your claim
- Negotiating effectively with the other side
- Representing you in court, if necessary, to secure the full amount of compensation you deserve
Our attorneys are ready to take over every part of your claim so you can focus on your recovery and getting better.
Help with Workers’ Compensation Claims in Paintsville
Just because you were hurt at work doesn’t mean you will automatically receive proper workers’ compensation benefits. Your employer and the insurance company could refute your claims to deny your compensation or pay you less than the law says you deserve. Insurance companies do this to hold on to more of their profits. Your employer may do this so their insurance rates don’t increase. Your attorney can stand up to them and argue your case effectively to pursue all the benefits you need.
In addition to this, when working on your workers’ compensation claim, our attorneys can:
- Help determine which healthcare provider you should see
- Explain the workers’ compensation system and the rules that apply to it
- Obtain your medical records to prove your case
- Represent you at depositions and prepare you for them
- Consult with medical experts to help prove your case
- Reach out to our vocational experts so they can testify about your physical limitations
- Gather statements from your friends and family about your daily activities
- Find evidence showing your employer’s history of lack of workplace safety measures or lack of training
- Determine the extent of your injuries
- Determine if your injury is a temporary or permanent disability
Help with Your Social Security Disability Claim in Paintsville
If you are so injured or ill that you have become totally disabled and will be unable to work for at least one year, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. These benefits can be difficult to obtain. The SSA approves less than 40 percent of applicants the first time they apply.
Our attorneys can help with your SSD application or appeal by:
- Gathering evidence to prove your disability
- Ensuring your original application is complete and filled in accurately
- Explaining the complex Social Security system to you
- Handling your appeal if necessary
- Preparing you for your disability hearing
- Representing you during your disability hearing
- Taking your case to every level of appeal
We do all of this to give you the best chance of success with your claim so you get the benefits you need.
Where Our Paintsville Law Office is Located
Our Paintsville office is conveniently located on 2nd Street one block from Paintsville High School. Attorney Kyle Salyer opened this office in 2018 because he wanted to help those nearest and dearest to him – people in the community where he grew up. It’s not only accident victims in Paintsville that Attorney Salyer helps. This office also serves Pikeville, Morehead and Ashland, as well as all nearby areas of West Virginia. Kyle is admitted to practice law in West Virginia and Kentucky.
Ready to Talk to a Paintsville Personal Injury Attorney?
If you’ve been hurt in any type of accident or need to seek SSD benefits, our Paintsville personal injury lawyers can help. At Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, we are passionate about standing up for the rights of accident victims and helping them recover the compensation they deserve.
When you’re injured, don’t trust anyone else with your case. Contact us now for your free consultation so we can get started on your claim.