When you are feeling vulnerable due to an injury, our dedicated slip and fall lawyers give you the Kentucky Courage you need to stay strong. Our skilled team has the experience and the resources to take on business establishments and insurance companies, demanding the full compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Contact us now for your free consultation.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Claim?
To get all the payment you need to recover in a slip and fall case, you need to prove negligence. This is where your attorney helps.
For example, if you were visiting the pharmacy to pick up your prescription and you fell on an icy sidewalk that wasn’t shoveled or salted, the owner of the pharmacy may be negligent. It’s a business owner’s duty to maintain safe conditions on his or her property, which includes salting the walk or putting up a sign when it’s icy.
You can also be partially responsible for your own injury and still receive personal injury payment. In that case, you and the property owner will be assigned percentages of fault. For example:
Say there was a sign about the ice but you ignored it. If the damages totaled $100,000, and a court finds you 20 percent at fault, you would receive the remaining 80 percent of the damages, or $80,000.
You need an attorney who knows how to prove fault and how to navigate levels of fault. An experienced slip and fall lawyer will collect evidence like medical bills and witness accounts and work to reduce your percentage of fault.
It takes courage to stand up for your financial future after a harmful fall on someone else’s property. At Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, we put Kentucky Courage to work every day for our deserving clients.
How Can Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Make a Difference for You?
Don’t make the mistake of assuming that the negligent party or their insurance company will accept the blame and pay you what you are owed without a fight. Remember, insurance companies are businesses, so their top priority is profit, not people.
At Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, our top priority is you. Choose a skilled premises liability lawyer from our firm to represent you.
We will work diligently to:
- Determine and document exactly what happened in your accident. We will conduct an exhaustive investigation into your accident right away. We will work to identify the specific cause of the accident and collect all of the necessary evidence to support your claim.
- Establish liability and identify all potential sources of compensation. Our attorneys will work to determine who should be held responsible for your injuries and what insurance policies may apply. If you suffered a permanent disability from your fall, we can also help you pursue Social Security Disability benefits.
- Find you the medical care you need. It can sometimes be difficult to find a doctor or specialist to treat you after a slip and fall accident. We can assist with finding much-needed medical care if you are having any issues finding or affording treatment. We can also help you secure a medical lien that will allow you to continue receiving all the treatment you need under the agreement that payment will come out of your personal injury settlement or judgment later.
- Negotiate for maximum payment. Our slip and fall injury lawyers will handle all settlement discussions on your behalf to ensure insurance companies do not take advantage of you during this stressful time. You could be offered a lump-sum settlement to resolve your case quickly. However, in most cases, the initial settlement offers are only enough to cover existing bills, not future expenses. We will make sure all of your losses are accounted for as we negotiate for full payment.
- Take your case to trial. Although most cases can be resolved with a fair settlement, our attorneys will be prepared to go to court if necessary. We have the Kentucky Courage to fight for you at trial and tell your story to a jury of your fellow Kentuckians.