Compensation for Pain that Disrupts Your Life

Kentucky state icon

When the pain doesn’t go away after an injury seems to be healed, you may have complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).

Doctors think it happens because of damage to your nervous system. The wound may be healed, but the nerves keep sending pain signals to your brain.

CRPS can happen when an injury wasn’t treated properly, or because a surgery left nerve endings damaged.

It can be debilitating—severe enough that you can’t work. It can add financial pain to your physical pain.

For your lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering, you may qualify for compensation to help bring your life back to normal.

Payment could come from two sources:

The Kentucky and West Virginia attorneys at Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer can help you with both kinds of cases.

Contact Us Today!

Symptoms of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome

Kentucky state icon

To make a legal claim to compensation for CRPS, you need more than your complaints of pain.

You need a diagnosis from a doctor confirming that your pain is serious enough to limit your daily life. CRPS can even lead to loss of use of a limb.

Common CRPS symptoms you can document with medical evidence include:

  • Swelling
  • Skin color or texture changes in the affected area
  • A temperature change in the affected limb
  • Excess hair or nail growth
  • Excessive sweating
  • Twitching or other involuntary movements

As part of your personal injury case or Social Security Disability claim, you need reports from a doctor about the severity of your condition.

The complex regional pain syndrome lawyers at Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer know how to gather the evidence you need to get compensation you deserve.

Contact Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer now.

Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim for CRPS?

Kentucky state icon

If the original injury that set off your pain began with someone’s negligent behavior, then that person may be liable for costs created by your medical condition—and you can pursue a personal injury claim.

CRPS takes two forms:

  • Type 1: Your nerves appear to be functioning normally, yet you struggle with CRPS. This type of CRPS often appears after a car wreck.
  • Type 2: You have direct damage and trauma to your nerves. The damaged nerve “misfires,” causing pain. Because doctors can see the damage, this type is easiest to diagnose. It can start with an accident or surgery.

Doctors who caused nerve damage during surgery could be found negligent. The other driver in an accident could also be found negligent.

An experienced personal injury attorney can examine your medical history to determine if your CRPS resulted from someone else’s negligence—someone who should pay for what you’re going through.

Tell Us About Your Case.

Do You Have a Social Security Disability Claim for CRPS?

Kentucky state icon

If your pain is severe enough to prevent you from working, you may have a Social Security Disability claim for CRPS.

Social Security Disability gives you monthly checks to help cover your basic expenses and stabilize your life when health problems mean you can’t work.

But you have to prove to Social Security that you have CRPS and that it’s bad enough that you can’t work in any job.

You’ll need medical evidence, like reports from physical exams, blood test results and other test results.

A disability can help you document your case and give you the best possible chance of winning benefits.

How to Get Everything You’re Owed

Kentucky state icon

When CRPS impacts your life, you deserve every resource available to protect your financial future. You want a law firm that can see when you’ve got more than one kind of claim.

At Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, we can help you pursue compensation for both personal injury and Social Security Disability—so you get everything you’re owed.

We’re the law firm with Kentucky Courage™ and West Virginia Values.

Call Us Today!

Contact us for a Free Consultation
Or Give Us a Free Call 877.809.5352

* Required Information