Bowling Green Personal Injury Attorney
When you wake up in the morning, the last thing that you are planning for is being a victim of a serious accident that results in a personal injury. Yet, every day, you do a number of things that have risks, from walking down the street, to getting in your car, to using your favorite electronics and appliances and more.
While you may not plan for an injury, it’s smart to know what you’ll do if you are seriously injured.
At the law offices of Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, our Bowling Green personal injury attorneys have the Kentucky Courage to stand up for the rights of injured people like you. We have years of experience and work on a wide variety of personal injury cases.
If you or a loved one has been injured and you aren’t sure where to turn, reach out to our law firm today for a free consultation and the counsel that you need.
How Can Our Bowling Green Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
Our Bowling Green personal injury lawyers provide comprehensive services for clients who have been harmed in a variety of different accidents. Our Bowling Green injury lawyers have experience in the following areas of practice:
- Car accidents. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of injury in our state, and one of the most common reasons that people in our community call on our team for legal help. If you have been in a car accident, we can help you understand our state’s laws and navigate the recovery process.
- Truck accidents. Like car accidents, truck accidents are all-too-common, yet they differ in that they are more likely than car accidents to be devastating – and sometimes fatal – for those in the smaller vehicle.
- Motorcycle accidents. Bowling Green may be a beautiful place to ride a motorcycle, but it’s not the safest. When a motorcyclist is hit while riding, they are at a significant risk of injury.
- Bicycle accidents. Bicyclists, like motorcyclists, have very few protections in the event of a crash. Our law firm can assist you by building your case, determining liability, and advocating for your full recovery award.
- Pedestrian accidents. Our attorneys in Bowling Green fight for pedestrians’ rights. We are horrified and outraged when we learn that a pedestrian has been struck by a car. For legal representation you can count on, call our team directly.
- Boating accidents. As the home of the Lost River Cave, which is accessible by boat, the risk of boating accidents exists in Bowling Green, too. We can help you recover compensation if you’re harmed.
- Maritime injury. Those who live in Bowling Green yet work in the maritime industry can call us for legal services if a maritime accident occurs. In addition to personal injury claims, we also have experience in Jones Act and Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act claims.
- Slip and fall accidents. A slip and fall accident can happen anywhere, ranging from a friend’s, home to a public park, to the grocery store, for example. If you are injured as a result and the accident was someone else’ fault, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Dog bites. Dog owners in Kentucky have a responsibility for their pets. If you are bitten by a dog in Bowling Green, you can hold the dog owner strictly liable for your harm.
- Product liability claims. Product manufacturers nationwide have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe for use. If a product is defective and causes a consumer harm, that consumer can seek to hold the product manufacturer – or anyone along the chain of distribution – liable for damages.
- Birth injuries. There are few things more tragic than a serious birth injury. If your child has been harmed as a result of medical malpractice, you may have a birth injury claim.
- Medical malpractice. In addition to birth injury cases, we also work on other medical malpractice cases. These include surgical error claims, misdiagnosis claims, medication error claims, and more.
Types of Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
Filing a personal injury claim can feel like an intimidating process, but if you are harmed and in need of money to pay for your losses, filing a personal injury claim may be the only way to recover compensation.
While there is no guarantee that your claim will be successful, our Bowling Green personal injury lawyers are committed to working hard to improve the outcome of your case and seeking the maximum compensation award for you.
Types of damages that may be recoverable in a personal injury claim in Bowling Green include:
- Medical expenses. Medical expenses are one of the biggest sources of financial strain on a person who has suffered a personal injury, often totaling into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. You deserve to be compensated for your medical expenses in full, including any future medical costs you may incur.
- Lost income. If you are severely injured, then it is unlikely that you will be able to return to work anytime in the near future, if at all. This can represent tens of thousands of dollars – or even millions of dollars – in the form of lost wages, earnings, and benefits.
- Reduced earning capacity. Even if you are able to work, your injuries may prevent you from earning the same amount that you were earning prior to the injury, or would perhaps be able to earn in the future. You deserve compensation for the value of your reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Damages for pain and suffering may be intangible, but they are no less important. In fact, pain and suffering are very real to the victim. Our Bowling Green injury attorney can calculate the value of your pain and suffering and aggressively negotiate for compensation on your behalf.
- Loss of consortium. Loss of consortium refers to the deprivation of family benefits as a result of an injury, such as affection or sexual intimacy. If you and your family have suffered these losses as a result of your injuries, we will advocate for your right to financial recovery.
- Punitive damages. Punitive damages aren’t commonly awarded in personal injury claims in Kentucky, but they are possible. Punitive damages refer to damages that are designed to punish the defendant and deter others from like actions in the future, rather than to compensate the victim for losses. In Kentucky, punitive damages are available when the defendant acted with malice, fraud, or oppression.
Our Firm in the Bowling Green Community
At Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, our attorneys are long-time Kentucky residents who truly call our state home, and who deeply care about the community members we serve.
We have a team of seven attorneys, all of whom are ready to help those in our community seek justice for harm they’ve suffered. Not only are we a local firm with local ties – we know the judges, courthouses, and other key players in personal injury claims throughout Bowling Green and other parts of our state – but we are also 100 percent committed to our clients.
All we ask of you in return is that you have Kentucky Courage to come forward. We know that winning a tough case takes Kentucky Courage, and that’s what we use to win cases – even when it involves standing up to powerful companies and corporate players.
Help With Car Accident Claims in Bowling Green
One of the reasons that clients reach out to us the most is because they’ve been involved in a car accident. In fact, car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in our state.
If you have been in a car accident, we strongly recommend that you schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Bowling Green. You may need a car accident attorney if you have been seriously injured, fault is disputed in your claim, or your claim is denied.
Our lawyers are prepared to help you by:
- Providing you with a free consultation that outlines your options for recovery
- Opening an investigation into your car accident that seeks to determine fault
- Calculating your damages
- Working with experts who can build your case and add clout to your claim
- Representing you in all conversations with insurance adjusters
- Negotiating for a settlement
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf and representing you in court if necessary
Help With Workers’ Compensation Claims in Bowling Green
Being injured at work can be very scary and upsetting, especially if you are afraid that you will lose your job if you file a claim under your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. We know that you may be intimidated about filing a claim and uncertain about the process.
We can help by:
- Providing you with an overview of the workers’ compensation process and the rules, including your duty to provide your employer with notice of your injury as soon as possible
- Representing you in conversations with your employer and the workers’ compensation insurance provider
- Protecting your rights, including your right to benefits
- Proving that your injury is covered under workers’ compensation insurance
- Appealing a denied or undervalued claim
- Pursuing a third-party liability claim, if applicable
Help With Social Security Disability Claims in Bowling Green
If you are disabled and unable to work, you may qualify for Social Security disability benefits.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) maintains two types of disability programs: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Both programs are designed for people who are disabled, but SSDI is intended for people who worked and have earned work credits as a result, while SSI is intended for people who have limited income and resources.
While benefits are designed to serve those who are disabled, millions of valid Social Security disability claims are initially denied each year. If your claim for benefits is denied, you need an attorney on your side.
Our Bowling Green lawyers can help you with your Social Security claim. We can help by:
- Explaining to you each type of Social Security disability program and which one you may qualify for
- Preparing your paperwork in advance
- Working with your medical providers to secure evidence of your disability
- Filing your paperwork properly and on time
- Fielding any questions or requests for further information from the SSA
- Representing you if your claim is denied
We know how frustrating it can be to be denied benefits you believe you’re entitled to. Let our lawyers help you fight for what you deserve.
Ready to Talk to a Bowling Green Personal Injury Attorney?
At the law offices of Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, we are more than just Bowling Green personal injury lawyers. We are a team of advocates who care about giving back to our clients and who are committed to working hard for each person we represent.
If you have been injured in Bowling Green or surrounding areas of Kentucky, you can count on our legal team to work hard for you.
Our personal injury attorneys in Bowling Green work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we retain a percentage of your final winnings, whether as a result of a settlement or a jury verdict. If you ultimately don’t get paid, then neither do we. We never ask for our clients to pay for our services out of pocket or pay for our services hourly.
We offer completely free, confidential, and no-obligation case consultations. If you have been injured due to another’s negligence, on in a workplace accident, or if you think that you have a Social Security disability claim, please reach out to our legal team directly today to learn more about how we can help.